We know that the claims process is when you need our help the most. Our dedicated claims team take a professional and structured approach to ensure that your claims are managed proactively, fairly and swiftly through to a positive resolution.
It should be noted, prior to lodging a claim for financial loss (Rent Default) the policy does require the following steps be taken:
- Obtain or hold the bond from the tenant
- Proceed with the tribunal hearing process where appropriate and make an application for loss of rent, bond monies and compensation for any damages and/or expenses
- Take steps to minimise the loss of rent by re-letting the property as soon as possible
Once you are ready to submit a claim, the insurer will require the following documentation to be provided along with the completed claim form:
- Copies of all invoices and/or quotes
- Copy of Tenancy Agreement for the new tenant and defaulting tenant
- Copy of Application for Tenancy
- Copies of all notices to vacate the property by either party
- Copies of all Breach of Condition Notices
- Copies of all legal documents (including Bond Release and any Court Orders and application)
- Substantiation of rental payments for at least three months before the loss
- Copies of initial and final Property Condition Report, and routine reports if applicable
- Proof of advertising
For loss/damage of property/contents claims, the insurer will also require the following documentation:
- Repair/replacement tax invoices or quotes if repairs/replacement is yet to take place
- Photos of damages being claimed
- Ingoing and outgoing condition reports for property damage claims
- Original purchase invoices, for contents items
Please note in cases of property damage; the insurer may wish to appoint an assessor to inspect the damage if it is substantial so please let us know if we should arrange with the insurer as this will assist in having the claim moving as quickly as possible.
We look forward to hearing back from you when convenient and please feel free to contact our office should you have any other questions or concerns in the meantime.